We have all heard the saying “patience is a virtue,” or some variation of the age old saying. Prepare yourself to be patience with the market, finding the perfect home for your purchase power and preference may take time. There is always that lucky chance that the first home you see is the winner but this is not always the case. So prepare to be patient, don’t give up and trust the home search advice from your realtor.
2. BE SELECTIVE- Don’t go see everything
The Atlanta market is constantly revolving and moving. Do not waste time trying to see EVERY HOME, it is important to narrow your search and only see homes that are a potential home for you and your family. Set an expectation and rule out homes that do not fall in your search criteria. For example, if a basement is important to you then don’t waste time viewing homes without a basement because your perfect home is being viewed by other buyers and they will be the first one through the door.
3. FIRST ONE THROUGH THE DOOR
When home shopping it is important to be the first one through the door. Why? if this is the perfect home for you then you want to get a contract in as soon as possible. Sellers are ready to sell this is why their home is listed so getting that offer in ASAP shows them how serious you are as a buyer. Make time to see the homes and move swiftly, this could make or break a deal.
4. BE FLEXIBLE
The market is the market and no one can magically make a home appear in a certain condition or price range. Here are a few things that you will need to be flexible on during your home search:
- Area (maybe a little further out is better)
- House size (a little smaller or maybe a little bigger).
- Condition of home (less upgrades or needs a little cosmetic work)
- Price of home (you may need to invest a bit more for that perfect home)
It is important to remember that if you are not having success finding that perfect home than the above listed items may need to be adjusted.
Look out for more home shopping tips! – Thank you for reading, see you on the next post
Welcome to the wonderful world of J.Weithers Realty!
I get so many questions via social media, text messages, DMs, SnapChat, phone calls and every other way possible someone can get in contact with me about becoming a home owner! It seems like the excitement to ditch the greedy landlord and start owning your own is burning in almost everyone. I figured it was time to educate everyone with this social media buzz thing called blogging. (&& Jade my best friend said we need to start blogging about something)
So here we are and the first topic is “Let’s Get Under Contract”
The photo above is from two days ago – an accepted contract for my lovely buyers out in Dallas, GA. Yes I drove to Dallas, GA about 7 times in one week to show them everything the market had to offer. It got away from us at first, but we submitted a back up offer and kept following up until the pearly white gates opened up and our contract was accepted!
So, what do you need in order to “Get Under Contract?” – Here is a list to consider prior to starting your homeownership journey.
- Find that perfect realtor (she isn’t far, you are reading her blog (: just send me an email or text and ill be here to help every step of the way) Your realtor needs to be as informative as possible, their job is to educate you, help guide your decision making- NOT tell you what to do.
- Speak with a loan officer, your bank or accountant about getting pre qualified. Your realtor should have some contacts for you if you need help getting with a lender. If they do not then run for the hills, every great realtor has a great preferred lender. While you are running make sure to call me!
- Credit Check- a lot of people don’t know if their credit is “good enough”- don’t make this decision alone. Get with the professionals and they can help you weigh out your options and create a plan if work is needed. Everyone has a different situation and every loan is different.
Please be on the look out for more follow up post as we groom you into an educated buyer, seller or even investor! The Atlanta market is constantly revolving and its always better to start your journey NOW rather than LATER.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.